Data Analyst - Houston, Texas
- Long Term Contract - Potential for Direct
- Apply Now - Position will go FAST!
- Candidates MUST have at least 3 years’ of working experience in consulting, operations/analytics role
Looking for a company and position that has growth potential and unlimited ways to contribute? Then this is the role for you! Our client is in the renewable industry and is looking to expand their team by bringing on a Data Analyst. In this role you will have the ability to really dig into this role contributing your intelligence around data that will enable the sales organization to evolve through having the most critical data and analytics to drive the performance of their business.
If you want to be challenged and are looking for the job of your dreams - this could be it. Exceptional leadership who are innovative and forward thinking!
The Data Analyst will be responsible for implementation and tracking of overall metrics for the company’s Customer Acquisition team and will report to the Director of Customer Acquisitions. The Data Analyst will (i) work closely with the individual sales and marketing managers to develop, implement, and track relevant metrics to aid in managing the day to day business (ii) work closely with the Director of Customer Acquisitions to track overall sales and marketing performance as it relates to budget and forecast (iii) develop pricing, customer acquisition, & propensity models to support key sales and marketing strategies. The ideal candidate loves data, programming, creative problem solving, and optimizing processes.
- Develop, track, and automate reporting that aids Customer Acquisition team in managing sales and marketing programs
- Identify gaps in business processes that contribute to poor data integrity and recommend and initiate changes to fix appropriate business processes
- Responsible to create Data Warehouse solution that will aid in performing job duties
- Develop reporting package that is suitable for detailed deep-dives into the business all the way to executive level monthly reporting
- Apply statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms to optimize sales and marketing efforts for customer acquisition and retention
- Develop regression/propensity models for use with sales and marketing campaigns (Direct Mail, e-mail journeys) and retention campaigns (likelihood to cancel)
- Develop data visualizations that aid in communicating results
- Quantify the effects of various marketing levers
- Translate, communicate, and present results and recommendations to a non-technical audience
Have you done any interesting analytics projects for fun? We would love to see them!
- Statistical modeling and analysis skills
- Strong general programming skills
- Proficiency with R and Python
- SAS programming a plus
- Strong SQL skills / understanding of relational databases
- Excel guru
- Microsoft Power BI or other visualization packages preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to translate complex business issues into achievable analytical learning objectives and actionable analytic projects
- Ability to build various propensity models
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate information clearly, both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret complex analytic results and develop practical business implications
- Strategic marketing mindset and firm understanding of key marketing and financial concept
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies and new analytics models/techniques as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative field a plus
- Candidates MUST have at least 3 years’ of working experience in consulting, operations/analytics roles