WHAT YOU’LL DO:
To make the food people love, we need to make sure we feed our decision makers the right data and solutions at the right time, every time.
As a Senior Data Scientist at General Mills, you will apply your strong expertise in machine learning, data mining and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engine and services.
You will collaborate with product owners, business partners and other Data Scientists to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test. In addition, you will develop efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions.
In this role, you will:
- collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet goals utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools and effectively communicating your analytics approach
- advocate and educate on the value of data-driven decision by focusing on the “how and why” of solving problems as your second nature
- lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- engineer new features by using your business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate data sources
- love to collaborate, coach and learn with a growing team of experienced Data Scientists
- stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years’ experience required OR Graduate degree in quantitative discipline and demonstrated Data Science skill set, plus 2+ years work experience
- Must have Python or R proficiency working with DataFrames
- Must have proficiency writing complex SQL queries
- Must have proficiency with Machine Learning to solve problems such as clustering, classification, regression, anomaly detection, simulation and optimization problems on large scale data sets
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to understand business partner needs and deliver solutions
- Bias for action, with the ability to deliver outstanding results through task prioritization and time management
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Big Data technologies — Hadoop, Spark, H20.ai, Cloud AI platforms, containerization
- Experience with supporting deployment, monitoring, maintenance and enhancement of models
- Experience with data visualization tools — Tableau, R Shiny, Plotly, etc.