WHAT YOU’LL DO
Play a leadership role in the Big Data space by designing and executing sustainable data pipelines and leading the team through technical uncertainty as necessary.
- Act as a key Data & Analytics technical leader within General Mills
- Collaboratively develop the technology & capability roadmap for the General Mills big data ecosystem
- Lead the design and implementation of sustainable tools & processes to support the big data ecosystem
- Generate and implement your own ideas on how to improve the operational and strategic health of big data ecosystem
- Participate in the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools & process in the big data space.
- Develop communication & education plans for technical teams on technologies and processes in our big data ecosystem
- Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Collaboratively troubleshoot technical and performance issues in the big data ecosystem
WHO YOU ARE
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience required
- 1 year of hands-on experience with the technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience working directly with business clients to design a solution that meets business requirements; ability to clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms and architectural options, as well as being able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations.
- Experience with tools and concepts related to data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Database development experience using Oracle, SQL Server, SAP BW or SAP HANA
- Big Data Development experience using Hive and/or Spark
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Effective analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to research, plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering
- 7+ years of IT experience preferred
- Python, Scala or Java development experience
- Familiarity with Kafka
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Experience with agile techniques or method