We’re passionate about food and driven by data.
Do you want to impact our future through data, analytics and innovative technology? Do you thrive on leading big things and making it happen? Bring your passion, expertise and problem-solving skills to the table and make an impact.
General Mills is reshaping the future, and technology & data play an important role for us. Your technology experience will help us get the right data and solutions at the right time, every time. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates across the globe with more than 100 recognizable consumer brands, including: Cheerios, LÄRABAR, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Totino’s, Epic Provisions and Blue Buffalo.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
AI Governance aims to realize organizational value through focusing on effective and efficient analytic process to build & usage of analytic capabilities & solutions. It focuses on the process of consuming & deriving insights from data rather than the creation and storage of data.
The AI Governance role drives discovery, execution and standards around operational analytic governance.
The AI governance role will provide leadership, strategic decision making and guidance within analytic governance included partnering with the technical executional resource to understand and solve unique and complex problems as well as partnering with the broader organization to ensure best practice sharing & adherence of standards.
You will interface with the Global Data Governance organization to ensure consistency across Data & Analytic Governance where applicable as well as have a stance on the appropriate technologies to support Analytic Governance to realize our technical & commercial teams’ needs.
In this role, you will:
- Design end to end analytic framework, including overall architecture, capabilities, platforms, tools & governing processes
- Establish & define metrics around gauging analytic health of organization
- Consult & communicate positioning/go-forward strategies for analytic governance tools/capabilities
- Communicate governance standards & framework to ensure alignment to enterprise guidelines for security, auditability, data governance, metadata management, etc.
- Define/improve governance best practices, guidelines & integration with enterprise solutions
- Review analytic solutions for re-usability, scalability, synergy opportunities & alignment to defined best practices & guidelines
- Monitor technology trends & participates in discovery of any new tools/capabilities of interest
- Benchmark Analytic Governance with Industry analysts and other companies
- Lead Analytic Governance committee/steering team to ensure cross-functional exposure & adherence
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality analytic solutions
- 5 or more years in an Analytic Governance role process-mapping, detailed frameworks, best practices and governance guidelines
- A proven track record of delivering scalable, resource intensive, integrated and operational analytic solution; Experience creating roadmaps & process diagrams
- Hands-on experience working with enterprise scale data projects including Big Data, Data Science & BI Reporting
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific Solution Architect preferred (understanding of end-to-end implementation of a technology Solution)
- Ability to phase the delivery of analytic solutions such that it can meet immediate needs, while building towards the long-term strategic solution
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a digestible way
- Ability to effortlessly switch gears from summary view for leadership to hands-on discussion with practitioners
WHAT’S NICE TO HAVE:
- Cloud analytics platform experience preferred
- Six sigma certification preferred